Monday, July 14, 2014

Thin Clear Water

Yes, its summer and the fish are on vacation. I find them sunning themselves in deep clear pools wasting away the hours slowly and I mean agonizingly slowly finning back and forth inspecting every food morsel that floats by. Painful as I stand there offering every variation of whatever is on the water at the time. I had an ant on my arm, looking at him/her, it was very small, very distinct in its form and black, more like a graphite. I could see immediately that nothing in my box was close. Not color, not form, not size, no wonder did the fish snub me. I was throwing hot dogs and they were looking at breakfast sausages.  The long and short of it was only two fish released and an incredible 10 straight misses and refusals. Time to regroup, rethink and rearm for the coming battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment