Monday, July 28, 2014

Patience, Patience

Art is back from the rocky coast of Maine. Aside from the tourist destinations, public parks I found access a little difficult. For example, LLBean has a paddling center. So foolish me decided to pull in and see what adventure awaited. A stern young man greeted me and before I could say hello, he stated " this is private property". Mmmm, I thought a paddling center and a private one at that. Silly me thinking that they were a nice family business rather than another corporation out to make as many bucks as possible.

I did find a nice pull off by the Portland headlight (no fee), a nice public park in Cape Elizabeth (no fee) and a beautiful spot in East Boothbay ( a beach that the locals allow public access). That was a really nice spot! The grumpy guy at the state park charged extra for out of stater's and to really go fishing it seems that you should have been here last week or come back in September the so and so will be running.

The morale of the story is don't believe what you read on the internet ('cept me of course), when booking a hotel it will always be dirtier than the pictures in the ads. Best part of Maine, that guy at the lighthouse selling lobster  (lobstah) rolls and blueberry pop. He was from Boston ! Oh, OK, maybe the scenery, the quiet walks in the woods, the dusk on Casco Bay, and the friendly people me meet on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment