Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Beetles

No not those beetles, but those bugs that invade your garden and drop into the stream that occasionally get gobbled up by foolish fish looking for a snack. The best tee shirt I ever saw was in a fly shop in Killarney, Ireland it had a picture of a trout and under it said something about if you kept your mouth shut you won't get caught!

Well, trout are eating machines constantly looking at the goodies floating by and grabbing the best stuff. Sometimes they lay there just looking and waiting, maybe they have a little heartburn from too many Olives or red ants. I never had much success with beetles, ants yes, but beetles no. So now I'm thinking that my beetle imitations really suck and i need to find something that looks good and is an easy tie. Too many steps and I get antsy and sloppy, and some patterns are just boring. No wonder the fish don't take them their just as bored as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment