Monday, September 8, 2014

Back to School

Yes it seems like everyone has gone back to school. Even the fish are taking courses! Latest observation is that some of the larger and older fish are teaching the young ones a fly ID course. Yes, I couldn't believe my eyes, but as my fly drifted by a small fish went for it only to have a larger one nudge it out of harms way. I thought it was a fluke or just some dominance being displayed, but on the next few drifts the behavior was repeated again and again. I could just imagine the conversation " no can't you see the hook" or "that's not an olive just a bunch of hair and feather" or "ant, no that's foam idiot, now go over there and lay down and wait for some real bugs". "That guy will leave soon and we can really chow down later"!
The three "R's", real bugs, right spot and really you think I don't see you there big guy! What's a guy to do, the fish are winning the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment