Friday, August 29, 2014

See You in September or The Home Stretch

As the season come to it's conclusion and the fish become scarce we have entered the home stretch. Total fish for August I think was five, not that I went out that often and pursued them with any vigor or concerted effort. Kind of noisily splashed around walking though pools and splashing my way merrily upstream. Caution and patience has been lacking, more into just being there and if it wasn't working just leaving. In a few more weeks the season will end  and not that it will be the end of the fishing, lakes and tidal waters will be open, just that the quiet almost alone seen of fishing private public waters will be over.

October, a fresh stocking and the rush of worm dunkers rushing to clean out the lakes of the stockies will commence. The few fish I will catch I will implore them not to be so eager next time unless you want to be someones dinner! Not that I never eaten a trout, killed plenty and if I hurt the fish maybe they become my dinner. I do take more pleasure in putting them back, hopefully to grow into the stealthy fish that hide and refuse my fly with a show of watery distant. leaving me to put another two dozen cast and perfect cast (but usually fruitless) in the same spot hoping that lightening will strike twice. I know better, but you never know!

Art Flick TU will have it's first meeting of the season on September 15 at 7:30 at the Brookhaven Town  Rec. center in Bayport/Blue Point. All are welcome to come down. Art may make an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment