Monday, August 11, 2014

My Wicked Ways

I hate August, endless days, glaring hot sunny days, endless nights of nothing happening. Fish early is the advice of Fran Betters. So I caught the first couple of fish for August and in doing so I realized how late in the season it really is. By 9am it was over and with the sun beating down, I pulled up my buff, and trudged upstream back to the car. So what magically flies worked? Mmmm, sawyer killer bug and a foam beetle. The fish seemed as disinterested and were hiding under the rose bush (they didn't have a wide brimmed hat, sun gloves or a buff to wear), but there are still plenty of nice fish lurking around and my guess is that a couple of rainy days and less sun will bring them out of hiding. With a month and half to go, it's been a strange season.

No comments:

Post a Comment