Friday, October 10, 2014

Fly Tying Frenzy

Don't feel the urgency of refilling my fly boxes full of new and crazy patterns this fall. Maybe a few of the tried and true, more wet flies in the traditional wing and patterns and streamers. In the past I have gone through stages of tying one type or another filling box after box only to never use them. Or even better yet, deciding on stream that they just don't look right. So this season I resolve to tie basic patterns that I use and tried and true classic ones. So no CDC emerger or spiders and god forbid foam ants and beetles I have a lifetime supply. I think I will try a few bass patterns and deer hair poppers and if I get daring some salt water patterns. Art's looking for a more well rounded approach to his available fishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment