Sunday, May 25, 2014

How to Measure a Fish

Wow! A touchy subject, after looking at photos of fish with captions like 20" Brown (name a species) I can't believe all fish grow to an even size? Or our we rounding up ( never down ) to the nearest inch or two or three? I find it more believable to just state or say it was a nice fish, or a really nice fish!
So after yesterday of catching a half dozen (rounding up of course) fish and losing a dozen or more (you figure that one out) I did have a couple of really nice fish. Gave them a quick release (even though I really wanted a picture of that really, really nice one), oh they just slipped the hook and out of my hand before I could think about it, I think I need to start carrying a net!

A question? If you catch a really, really, really big fish and no one is around and the camera is back in the car, does it count?
A 62" Brown ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment