Sunday, March 2, 2014

Quiet Reflection

Even the most seasoned of us get a little antsy with a forecast of endless winter. After all we have all been told how dangerous global warming is and climate change this and that. But really, single digit temps! Another 6-8" of white stuff I'm glad I have that snow blower, but I would be just as happy if it just quietly rusted away in the garage.

I guess I can always tie up some more of that special fly, watch some YouTube videos of some one else catching trout somewhere. Or just take another long afternoon nap! Maybe make up a big batch of pea soup and watch some more YouTube videos again and again and again.

I think I now understand the the true meaning of cabin fever. Opening day? Bring your snow shoes and a nice pick to open up a hole to drop your fly in. Climate change?

No comments:

Post a Comment