Thursday, September 5, 2024

Make America Cool Again

 Fight for what you believe in, cold water, abundant fish and the complexity of life in and around our waters. Clean water and clean air to breathe, abundant and free.

I've been contemplating what the next move is, running out of ideas. No ideas for YouTube content and certainly no ideas what to blog about. Four or five views on either is not inspiring at all. The prospect of traveling to get some decent fishing time in, is challenging. My age is slowly creeping up on me. My arthritis in my hands has discouraging at best. Tying flies when thousands populate my boxes is meaningless. Boxes scattered over three states along with various equipment seems to me as out of reach.

A conundrum at best, my sense of adventure fades into early evening. Montana seems like a lifetime ago, Vermont, Maine, California, Nevada only a dream of past lives. The pandemic killed the fun. 

There is still that spark, that adventure awaits. Cooler days ahead, outdoor time available once the heat and high humidity fades away. Like the old saying "wait till next year" is familiar refrain after a losing season. So planning and staring at maps of rivers, trails and far away destinations occupy my days. 

A quick note on climate change, either you get with the program or decide to sit on your fat ass and give only lip service. Your time to act is rapidity disappearing. 

So what will it be..........................


Tight lines

No comments:

Post a Comment